Master of Arts in Theology
Ohio Dominican University's Master of Arts in Theology prepares you for life and work in ministry, as well as for further studies at the doctoral level. The program focuses primarily on the needs of the Diocese of Columbus for lay pastoral associates, directors of parish schools of religion, youth ministers, high school religion teachers and campus ministers.
- Available 100% online, on campus during the evening, or a combination of both formats.
- High-quality video feed allows online students to attend class synchronously, and easily interact with classmates and instructors.
- On-campus classes meet once a week, every two weeks, during Fall and Spring terms; and one evening a week for eight consecutive weeks during Summer.
- Small class sizes: four to eight students on average.
- Take one or two courses each semester.
- Active Columbus Diocese members may be eligible for 25% tuition discount.
- Graduate Certificate in Theology available.
View the admissions requirements and begin the application process today.
Courses & Requirements
Read the course requirements and descriptions for the degree and graduate certificate options.
Outcomes & Careers
With your degree, you can teach at the high school level and above, work in the Diocese, and more.
Ohio Dominican's Theology master's program draws together women and men from various professions who have a desire to enter into a deep theological and spiritual journey in an academic setting. The program offers courses online and on campus during the evening, which allows flexibility for those with families and full-time employment.
Are you an active member of the Columbus Diocese? Then you may be eligible for a 25% tuition discount. Email the Office of Graduate Admission or call (614) 251-4615 for details.
Full-Time Theology Faculty
|Garland, Daniel||Assistant Professor||Theology||(614) 251-4786|
|Parks, Robert||Assistant Professor||Theology||(614) 251-4781|
Our Alumni – In Their Own Words
Alumni Story – Marijana Yelich '21
Marijana Yelich shares how ODU's master's program in Theology allowed her to grow personally, professionally and spiritually.
Teacher, Cristo Rey High School (Columbus, Ohio)
Alumna, ODU MA Theology
“The professors of ODU's MA in Theology program provided a rigorous academic course load and a place for philosophical discussion. Thanks to their influence and direction, I was intellectually and spiritually prepared to respond to God's call to share the Good News of Jesus by teaching high school theology.”
Final Portfolio Presentation
Prior to graduating, students who are completing their Master of Arts in Theology at ODU present their final portfolio to faculty, administrators, family and friends.