Library Resource Kit
Faculty & Staff Library Resource Kit
Connect with resources & services that address your needs in teaching, student learning and research, as well as news and family.
Specialized Online Resources:
Visit Research Help for all of the following or ask a librarian create something for your course: Quick Reference, Research Guides by Subject & by Course, Online Tips & Tutorials.
Materials Tailored to Programs, Courses, & Assignments:
Librarians can create instructional guides, videos, tutorials, & assessments to help students engage with information resources & research.
Items Set Aside for your Students
You can place your copy or our copy of a book, video, or other item on Course Reserves (no other libraries, please, due to copyright restrictions)
Open Educational Resources:
- CORA - Community of Online Research Assignments
- MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning & Online Teaching
To Help you with your Online Distance Learners:
Find out what you need to know to help your students succeed as distance learners. Our library guide overs unique challenges in access & use of resources. Tips & recommendations provided.
To connect to the Library's home page & Research Guides, your students can go to PantherLearn & take the following steps:
1. Go to their home page by logging in or clicking on My Home in the top gold menu bar
2. Go to the navigation menu near the top of the screen & click on ODU Resources
Want to link to a Library ebook, journal, or database safely for off-campus access?
For more information about your Distance Learners & their unique challenges, get tips from the Library
- Databases - Search by database name or browse by subject area
- ODU Library Catalog - Search ODU Library's in-house and online collections
- OhioLINK Library Catalog - Search statewide academic libraries (about OhioLINK)
- SearchOhio Library Catalog - Search some of the public libraries outside of Columbus Metropolitan Library (about SearchOhio)
- Quick Reference: Internet Search Tools - Search by specialty, search for scholarly info, & more
- Citation & Bibliography Makers (PDF)
- EndNote (abridged version) - Collect, organize, & format citations. Use within Web of Science databases (click on "Tools") or export from an EBSCO database. - Click here to view our Guide to EndNote (PDF)
- MyEBSCOHost Account - Save searches, create alerts, & more in our EBSCO databases. 1 account, accessible though any EBSCO database.
- My Library Account - Manage library catalog requests, renewals, etc. online
- More options
The Ohio Dominican University Academic Assessment Committee (AAC) commissioned a guide to resources on assessment and accreditation in 2015. This guide is designed to provide you with links to resources on assessment and accreditation, including the new Open Pathway accreditation model.
Higher Education Journals: A Selection
- Active Learning in Higher Education
- Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability
- Higher Education
- Higher Education Quarterly
- International Journal of Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
- Internet and Higher Education
- Journal of Higher Education
- Quality in Higher Education
- Research in Higher Education
- Research in Higher Education Journal
- Review of Higher Education
- Teaching and Learning Inquiry
- Teaching in Higher Education
Catholic Higher Education Journals: A Selection
- Current News & Magazines available through the Library
- Quick Links to the News - News sites, news search engines, & the latest on evaluating the news
- Government, Law, Elections, & Voter Info - nonpartison sites with info you can trust
- SearchOhio Library Catalog - Find fiction, nonfiction, books & videos, & children's literature through our connections with several Ohio public libraries. Available items can be requested, sent to ODU, & returned to our librariy.
- Looking for a specific magazine, book, video, or newspaper? We'd be happy to help! Ask a librarian.