If you have already made sure you are not making any of the 4 most common mistakes when logging in and you are still having trouble with off-campus access, here are a few additional recommendations.
(1) Make sure you are using Google Chrome as your browser; the
library's ebooks, ejournals, and databases work best with this browser.
(2) Go to our Off-Campus Access page and attempt to log in from there.
(3) If you are attempting to access from a computer where you work, try accessing from home if you have your own personal computer, or ask your IT professionals on site about online security. Some workplaces have security firewalls in place that will
not allow library login. If it is a security firewall that is blocking your login attempts, you will not be able to access the library's resources there.
(4) If you are using Google Chrome and our Off-Campus Access page and still can't get in, the next step is to clear your cookies and cache and
delete your browsing history To delete your browsing history (also the same place for cookies), go to the menu option in the upper right corner of your laptop, choose "More tools," then "History." The links provided here will then help you with the rest of the steps. (Note: When
you clear your caches and cookies, some of your saved settings on sites can get deleted, such as user names and passwords.)
Then restart your computer.
If the issue is still not resolved, please contact us and let us know you have tried the steps on this web page, and we will investigate further into your situation to help you get the access
(5) You can also try this alternative: go to the OhioLINK web site for Research Databases and log in there. Use our guide to log in.