Master of Business Administration Course Requirements
MBA Course Requirements
The curriculum for the Master of Business Administration at Ohio Dominican covers a range of business, finance, leadership and ethics topics.
Master in Business Administration
- Students must complete all required courses (36 - 40 semester hours depending upon the need for the foundation courses).
- Students must have a 3.000 or higher grade point average.
- Students must complete their program within seven (7) years.
- Students must complete an Application for Graduation according to the dates published in the Academic Calendar. (Application forms are available through ODU Online.)
- Students must make satisfactory payment of all tuition, graduation fee, library fines and other financial obligations.
Students who can demonstrate foundation knowledge through completion of courses in each area do not need to take the foundation course sequence. Students who cannot demonstrate completion of foundation courses in each area as determined by the Program Director must earn a B or better in each foundation course prior to enrolling in more than 9 credit hours in the program.
These students will be automatically enrolled during their first 16 weeks at ODU in the required foundation courses in addition to MBA 510, the first course of the program.
Failure to successfully complete the necessary foundation courses and MBA 510 will prevent students from continuing in the MBA program.
|Foundation Knowledge Courses
(taken in first 16 weeks)
|MBA 502 Survey of Business Statistics||1|
|MBA 503 Survey of Economics||1|
|MBA 504 Survey of Accounting||1|
|MBA 505 Survey of Finance||1|
- View course descriptions for pre- and co-requisites.
|Required Core Courses||Credits|
|MBA 510 Management Skills Portfolio||3|
|MBA 540 Management of Information Systems||3|
|MBA 550 Global Business Enterprise & Trade Issues||3|
|MBA 570 Quantitative Business Analysis||3|
|MBA 620 Marketing Management||3|
|MBA 630 Accounting for Managers||3|
|MBA 640 Managerial Economics||3|
|MBA 650 Managerial Finance||3|
|MBA 660 Ethics & Social Responsibility||3|
|MBA 690 MBA Capstone Learning Experience||3|
|Select one concentration or 6 additional credits (see next drop down for concentrations)||6|
|Total Credits Required||36|
Tailor your MBA to match your professional goals with one of seven high-demand concentrations including Healthcare Administration, Data Analytics, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Leadership, and Sport Management.
You can pursue a general MBA without selecting a concentration; instead, you will take any two additional courses (6 credit hours).