Graduate Certificate in Theology
Deepen Your Knowledge of the Catholic Tradition
Ohio Dominican University’s Graduate Certificate in Theology offers graduate-level instruction into the fundamentals of Catholic Theology in just five courses. As Central Ohio’s Catholic university, ODU’s program focuses on the needs of the Diocese of Columbus for the theological education of teachers in parochial grade schools or diocesan high schools, volunteer catechists in Parish Schools of Religion, or anyone interested in deepening one’s Catholic faith.
- Available 100% online, on campus during the evening, or a combination of formats.
- User-friendly online platform features high-quality video, allowing students to attend class synchronously and easily interact with classmates and instructors.
- Courses are taught by faculty who hold doctorates in Catholic Theology, and who have received the Mandatum.
- On-campus classes meet once per week, every two weeks during the fall and spring terms; and one evening per week for eight consecutive weeks during the summer.
- Small class sizes of four to eight students, on average.
- Option to complete one or two courses each semester.
- Certificate courses can be applied to ODU’s Theology master’s degree program.
Are you an active member of the Columbus Diocese? Then you may be eligible for a 25% tuition discount! Email the Office of Graduate Admission or call (614) 251-4615 for details.
Program Consists of:
- THL 510 – Introduction to Catholic Theology
- Four additional Theology courses
- Letter of application
- Undergraduate transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
Have you ever:
- Wanted to deepen and expand your knowledge of the Catholic Tradition?
- Wanted to join with others in the same pursuit?
- Wanted to teach others about the truths of God’s revelation and offer of salvation?
- Felt called to enter more fully into the life of the Church as a lay person?
Pursue your goals at Ohio Dominican University, Central Ohio’s Catholic university!
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Office of Graduate Admission