Teacher Leader Endorsement
Teacher Leader Endorsement
The Teacher Leader Endorsement can be added to a professional teaching license.
- Classes offered online and on campus.
- On campus classes meet once a week, 5 - 8 p.m., in eight-week sessions.
- Can be completed in two semesters.
- Tuition locked in for duration of program.
- Transfer credit may be accepted.
- May be used to pursue Lead License.
- May be used to renew your teaching license.
- Fulfills a need in Ohio to prepare individuals to serve as teacher leaders, both in formal and informal roles within their building and district.
- Teacher leaders assist principals in developing and supporting a shared vision and clear goals for schools and provide staff development, mentoring, and coaching to teachers.
- The Teacher Leader Endorsement is also a route to the top license on the career lattice, the Lead Professional Educator License.
- Hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a teaching certificate/license.*
- Be currently teaching or have access to an academic classroom.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
- Completed at least nine semester hours at the graduate level from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an overall grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
If the applicant is currently teaching, his/her own classroom may be used for most experiences. An applicant who is not currently teaching must make arrangements for classroom access to complete assignments.
How to Apply for a Teacher Leader Endorsement
Note: You must have master's degree before start of this program.
Your online application, fee and all supporting documents listed below must be received in order to process your application.
- Application: Complete an online graduate application.
- Fee: Pay a $25 application fee. This fee is waived for ODU alumni, military veterans,
and active members of the armed forces.
Payment is due before we can process your application. You may pay by check - mail or drop it off to the Office of Graduate Admissions - or through our secure online form.
Pay Application Fee
- License: Fax or mail a copy of your current teaching license.
- Transcripts: Send official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Transcript(s) must display your master's degree.
- Letter of Recommendation: Submit a Letter of Recommendation from the Superintendent or Principal of your school.
- Statement: Review and electronically sign the Education Courses Leading to Endorsements Acknowledgement
Sign Acknowledgement Statement .
The Teacher Leader Endorsement consists of 9 credit hours.
- View course descriptions for pre- and co-requisites.
|EDU 535 Developing a Deeper Understanding of Leadership||3|
|EDU 536 Collaboration: Leading & Facilitating Teacher Development||3|
|EDU 537 Coaching & Mentoring for Improved Results||3|
M.Ed. Teacher Leader Endorsement