M.S. Sport Management Outcomes & Careers
The mission of the graduate sport management program is to be student-focused and to connect the established theoretical frameworks of sport management, business, and other ancillary fields, with the fundamentals associated with effective practice in the field.
The program aims to assist students develop their moral compasses through the lens
of the Catholic and Dominican tradition.
The goal of the program is to provide students with all of the resources to secure professional employment in the field through a strong curriculum, career and professional development, and network building.
The Master in Sport Management curriculum is created with the ultimate goal of accreditation
and is aligned with the same curriculum as the best sport management programs in the
Graduates are able to:
- Effectively apply sport management theory and best practices within a sport organization.
- Lead sport organizations ethically, based on Dominican values.
- Analyze and critique the scope of sport in society, including how sport is shaped by culture, values and psychosocial experiences.
- Critique decision-making in contemporary sport practices based on their personal ethical perspectives and Dominican values.
- Synthesize and critique various management and leadership theories, and practices as applied to sport systems.
- Apply financial management tools and principles of microeconomics and macroeconomics to the sport industry.
Career OpportunitiesGraduates are prepared to acquire positions in various areas of the sport industry, such as:
- Sales & promotion
- Event & facility management
- Ticketing & business operations
- Sports information director
- Marketing director
- Facility manager
- Media director
- Account/sales representative
- Events coordinator
- Ticket or retail sales manager
- Campus or municipal recreation director
- Legislative assistant
- Financial analyst