Panther Promise Program
Panther Promise Program
Ohio Dominican is proud to partner with I Know I Can to offer its Panther Promise Program, which provides students from Columbus City Schools, Reynoldsburg City Schools, South-Western City Schools and Whitehall City Schools with financial resources and support to help make an ODU education attainable.
The Panther Promise Program will provide students who meet certain academic requirements and who are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant with a scholarship that, when combined with other financial resources, may completely cover their tuition* cost to attend Ohio Dominican. Students accepted to ODU will be awarded an ODU scholarship package, along with other types of financial aid determined by their FAFSA. For those accepted to the Panther Promise Program, ODU will also cover all additional direct costs associated with tuition and fees* after all applicable scholarships and financial aid (including standard Federal Student Loans) have been applied. This means that program participants may be able to attend Ohio Dominican at little to no upfront cost to them.
*The Panther Promise Program scholarship does not cover indirect costs such as books, health insurance (if not waived), room/meal plan, parking, and other miscellaneous costs. The program’s scholarship is available only during ODU’s traditional fall and spring semesters, and cannot be transferred to any other institution.
Ready to get started? Once eligible participants apply for admission to ODU, they will automatically be considered for the Panther Promise Scholarship!
To be eligible to participate in the Panther Promise Program, students must:
- Have graduated from a recognized Columbus City Schools, South-Western City Schools or Whitehall City Schools high school, or Reynoldsburg High School.
- Be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.
- Be accepted to ODU and file the FAFSA before April 1 of their senior year.
- Enroll at ODU full time during the first fall semester following their graduation from high school.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA while enrolled at ODU.
Program participants will have numerous opportunities to connect with the Ohio Dominican community. Students will be able to:
- Attend Launch Day event that introduces students to campus resources, including meeting with an adviser to review class schedule, purchase textbooks, and sign a program agreement.
- Connect with previous Panther Promise student cohorts.
- Attend ODU’s Welcome Week and extended orientation programs with first-year peers.
- Attend ODU Core speaker series.
- Attend a faculty meet and greet event for freshmen students.
- Participate in social activities to increase their connection with the ODU community.
- Take part in on-campus admission recruiting events.
- Complete ODU 110 course designed to equip students with essential skills and tools for navigating college.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Do you have questions about the Panther Promise Program? We’re happy to help! Please contact ODU Undergraduate Admission at (614) 251-4500, or email us below.Email ODU Admission