Education Programs at ODU
You have a passion for teaching – so do we!
Whether you’ve just decided to pursue a career as a teacher, need to earn credits to renew your license, want to become an administrator or seek other opportunities beyond initial teacher licensure, Ohio Dominican University has a program that matches your career goals.
Adolescent to Young Adult
- Chemistry Education (grades 7-12)
- Integrated Language Arts (grades 7-12)
- Integrated Mathematics (grades 7-12)
- Integrated Social Studies (grades 7-12)
- Integrated Science (all science subjects grades 7-12)
- Life Science (grades 7-12)
- Art Education and Intervention Specialist Mild-to-Moderate (both licenses grades K-12)
- Early Childhood (grades P-5) and Intervention Specialist Mild-to-Moderate (grade K-12)
- Integrated Mathematics (grades 7-12) and Intervention Specialist Mild-to-Moderate (grades K-12)
- Middle Childhood Education (grades 4-9) and Intervention Specialist Mild-to-Moderate (K-12)
- Intervention Specialist Mild-to-Moderate (grades K-12)
- Intervention Specialist Moderate-to-Intensive (grades K-12)
Middle Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- 4/5 Early Childhood Generalist
- PreK-12 Reading
- Teacher Leader
- PreK-12 Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
The following Ohio Dominican University teacher licensure programs satisfy the academic requirements for teacher licensure programs at the Bachelor’s degree and Post-Baccalaureate level set forth by the State of Ohio: Art Education, Primary Education, Intervention Specialist (mild to moderate, moderate to intensive), Middle Childhood Education, Adolescence to Young Adult (Chemistry Education, Integrated Language Arts, Integrated Mathematics, Integrated Science, Integrated Social Studies, Life Science). The following Ohio Dominican University teacher licensure programs satisfy the academic requirements for teacher licensure at the Master’s degree level set forth by the State of Ohio: TESOL, Intervention Specialist. The principal licensure program at Ohio Dominican University satisfies the academic requirement at the Master’s level set forth by the State of Ohio.
ODU graduates who complete one of these programs are eligible to sit for the appropriate Ohio Assessment for Educators exam. Ohio teacher licensure and principal licensure applicants must complete a background check. Detailed licensure information is available at the Ohio Department of Education website.
All of the Ohio Dominican teacher programs and principal program are accredited by both the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Students who wish to teach or be a principal in a state other than Ohio should contact
the program director/advisor to discuss the need to satisfy additional requirements
for that state.
To find out whether a program satisfies requirements from your home state, please visit the ODU Licensure & Certification Programs and State Requirements page.
Ohio Dominican University’s educator preparation programs are accredited by the Council
for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). All of Ohio Dominican teacher
licensure programs are accredited until Spring 2030:
Integrated Language Arts
Integrated Social Studies
Life Science Education
Integrated Science Education
Visit the Ohio Educator Performance Reports website and click on Ohio Dominican University. You can find Ohio Dominican’s most recent EPP Performance Report here (PDF) as well as reports by specific program areas.
Read Ohio Dominican’s most recent Title II Report (PDF)
Ohio Dominican will seek accreditation again starting in 2022 from the new accrediting body, The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Read CAEP Annual Reporting Measures (PDF).
Enhance Your Teaching Credentials at ODU
Bridget Cargin, a Dual Enrollment Teacher at Westerville Central High School, shares why she chose to enhance her credentials at ODU.
Meet our Education Faculty
|Chang, Young-Mi||Associate Professor||Education||(614) 251-4324|
|Conley, Matthew||Associate Professor||Education||(614) 251-4328|
|Day, Kristall||Associate Professor / Director of Assessment||Education||(614) 251-4622|
|Fishley, Katelyn||Associate Professor||Education - Intervention Specialist||(614) 251-4768|
|Hohenbrink, JoAnn||Director of Education/TESOL Graduate Programs, Coursework, PD||Education||(614) 251-4759|
|Mascazine, John||Associate Professor||Education||(614) 253-3652|
|McCormack, Virginia||Professor||Education||(614) 251-4766|
|Zigler, Ted||Assistant Professor||Education||(614) 251-4784|
|Stauffer, Marlissa||Associate Professor & Chair of Education Division||Education||(614) 251-4621|
Have Questions? Contact us!